Thursday, December 22, 2011

We were dancing... (3/12/2009)

I met your eyes for the first time
and there came the friendly, warm smile.
You stretched out your hand courteously,
and I placed mine on yours.
With a little clenching, our hands pulsated simple warmth-
warmth that brightens the otherwise dull landscape of a lazy afternoon.

Admidst dance steps, I tilted my head
to catch a glimpse of a piece of past
I saw him, holding another girl's hand.
I caught an image or two in my mind
and try to find what lies behind.

With every move, every touch
I laughed and soaked in our little warmth,
but everytime I looked around
I expected him to take my heart by the storm.

But, the past being the past,
I could reach no more, feel no more.
With a shrug, I turned back to you, saw your eyes,
and continued dancing till the music dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment