Thursday, December 22, 2011

Endless rain of pain (17/1/2009)

I opened the windows
lettng life gush towards me
only to realise that
an endless rain was pouring.

I sat and waited for the sun
for every drop pelted on my skin
crashed right into my flesh, bones and heart-
and it hurted.

The rain grew lighter, then heavier
but never once did it stop
even when the harsh sunlight
evaporates them all into thin air.

I took a glass jar
collecting the drops as they flew past the windows
letting them coagulate with another
and become one.

The liquid turned black with an overwhelming stagnance.

"We, the endless rain of pain, hate containment, boundaries and most of all, ourselves", one raindrop echoed as it smashed into a wall.

"Don't resist and try to hide us away. It'll do you no good to let us stay in you for too long," another raindrop whispered as it kissed my cheeks.

"Let us flow free, for both of us will only feel pain if we stay together and not move. Our purpose of flowing into you is to flow out into another vicinity, another body, another soul." The fat raindrop spoke as it slid down the window.

And so, I welcomed the rain with open arms
letting them flow, freeze and burn up inside me
for I know it's a flow I cannot resist;
the only flow which keeps me free from pain

For pain only comes when we choose to contain it
not letting it escape through our veins and mind
and surround our very being with a blackness
known as darkness.

The rain of pain is endless,
but let it flow free with you
and you'll be suffering
but boundlessly liberated as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment