Friday, December 23, 2011

Like the Sun (28/11/2011)

We used to think that
there is only one such sun
One such celestial being
capable of bringing us life and hope-
we seem to be at its mercy.

Till I realise then that
even though it shines brilliantly
right until the apocalypse, the end of time
light can never fully penetrate our being
if we refuse to shine on our own.

I pray for the light in our hearts to come forth
for the mirrors of our lives to reflect radiantly
our cheerful dispositions, healthy countenances
I pray for us to be like
little balls of sun here.

I understand that we have to
find our own light
to make it through the night
to illuminate our own lives
and the lives of others.

I pray that everyday
we learn to glow brighter
despite the torrent of rain, the dark clouds
darkness, winter...
May adversity only makes us stronger
and that like the sun
we'll continue to shine on
ever so brilliantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment