Thursday, December 22, 2011

Love's present (12/11/2007)

The day I set my eyes on you
I thought it was impending doom
for past experiences had taught me
what a shame it was to fall in love.
I took the risk,I took the plunge
even though I feared inside
that once again,I would be hurt
and dreams would shatter like a broken glass.

When you smiled and looked at me,
my head went spinning,my heart racing
when you opened your mouth to say hello,
I was cool outside but bursting inside.
In my mind theres only you;
your words,your actions,your face;just you.
My life started soaring to the skies above,
but was this going to last,
or would it vanish at the word of "no"?

And then one day you took my hand
and off we went,hand in hand.
That is when I began to believe,
that love would regain its pride once more.
I prayed upon the star each night,
wishing you were really mine.
and then one sunny afternoon,
I got the answer I need to know.

I only understood what ecstacy was;
I had forgotten what hurt was,what lies were.
now I know what love is,
even though we're fourteen.
It may be temporary or forever,
but when in love we shall be oblivious
to the world and the adults,
who have seen too much of life.
After all,can an innocent love at fourteen
be forgotten as compared to a one-night-stand at twenty?

You werent my past,
you may not be my future,
but you're love's present to me,
and I shall love you now,my present,
for as long as our love can withstand.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment